Saturday, July 9, 2011

Impact

My life is pretty much an open book. I try to be genuine and authentic at all times. The down side to this is that I am told (by my husband in particular) that I overshare at times. Working on that! Anywhoo, I share my life, my feelings, and my experiences with people because I know that I am inspired and energized by others who do this with/for me.


My hope is that my experiences and views may encourage someone else, which brings me to something I have heard at every turn lately.


In a sermon the other day, we were asked, "do you influence others positively?". On my long run this morning, I listened to a podcast by Beth Moore on how we use our time, gifts, and talents. It certainly made me think, "Am I effectively using my gifts, talents, and time to impact others?" I came to the conclusion that I could me more effective if I were more focused. Will be working on that too!


The fact is that, we really arent on the earth for very long. You've heard it before" make each day count". But my question is this: What is your impact? Imagine if you were to really sharpen your gifts and talents, and use them to positively impact the lives of others. That is exactly what God has called us to do!


How will you impact others?

No comments:

Post a Comment